Everyone struggles when it comes to eating right, working out, and trying to be healthy. It isn’t easy. It’s a daily struggle to try to stay away from the junk food (because it tastes so GOOD!) and work out.
I have been actively working toward a healthier lifestyle for the last few years, changing the way I eat and working out more. It is so easy to slip back though.
**This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are my own **
About a year ago I was looking for some motivation. One of my friends on Facebook posted that they had just gotten a Misfit Shine and they were loving it. The Misfit Shine is a fitness tracker, similar to a Fitbit.
Based on how cute I thought it was (a great way to make decisions, right?) and that she was liking it, I decided to give it a try, and I bought it as a birthday present for myself.
That was 10 months ago, and I have worn it almost every day.
So why do I love it so much? Here are some of the features:
- It is battery operated. No charging required! AND when the battery was starting to die, I received an e-mail telling me it was running low and to enter my name and address and they would send me a free battery! I entered my information, and I received multiple batteries FOR FREE. You don’t even pay shipping. One of my friends that has the Shine received this as well, so it appears to be something they provide at least once!
- It is waterproof. It can be used while swimming, which is a great benifit if you are a swimmer. I am nervous about using it in water, so I take it off during my shower, but I have had it submerged while doing dishes or draining the bathtub with no ill effects.
- It is bluetooth. It links with an app on my phone, and it also will pull the information into programs like MyFitnessPal, LoseIt!, Runkeeper, and more!
- There are multiple ways to wear it. You can wear it on your wrist, attached to your shoe (great for activities like biking), in your pocket, attached to your clothes, there are so many options! There are also many accessories you can by to hook it into. A cute necklace, leather wristband, and different colored sports bands, just to name a few.
- It functions as a watch. Just double tap and LED lights show you the time.
- Easily check your progress. I can check how close I am to my goal at any time by double tapping.
- It tracks your sleep habits. It is nice to wake up and be able to review how well I slept. It monitors restful sleep, light sleep, and time awake.
- The Price– The price on the Shine has come down since I bought it. When I bought it, I paid 91 dollars plus shipping. The price now is only 61-76 dollars depending on what color you want. Mine is now only 67 dollars!
- There is no heart rate monitor. I wish this was an option.
- Battery lasts up to 6 months (so they say). With my experience so far, I have had to change it every 4. But with the free batteries, this hasn’t been a problem, and you can buy a 5 pack of replacement batteries on Amazon for only 5.79.
Those are really the only negatives I can think of! Overall I really love this product and it helps motivate me to make all my lights shine.
I have friends who, based on my liking the Shine so much, bought the Misfit Flash. While this is a cheaper option and has some fun colors, I don’t like the feel of the device as much (it is made of a different material) and two of my friends have had their wrist straps break (I am still using the same one that came with mine). The wrist straps seem thicker on the flash, and I don’t know if that is why they broke or if it is just the way they are made (they look a little different than the Shine’s wrist strap).
So there you have it! I love my Misfit Shine. Do you have an activity tracker that you love? Let me know your favorite!
**This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click the link and buy the product, I receive a certain percentage. However, all of my opinions on this product are completely my own and are in no way influenced by this. **