Why it takes the start of a new year to start getting motivated beats me, as really you could start on your goals at any time. Must just be habit and the fact that everyone and their mother decides to ask you what your New Years resolution is.
In general, most years I skip out on New Years resolutions. But this year I actually have a few and I’m excited for them! So, without further ado, here are my New Years resolutions for 2016.
‘Cuz if I’m going to join the crowd, I’m going to do it right.
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2016
- Start saving money. We have zero savings. Literally. No savings. As a single income family of 4, we are one of the many families that live paycheck to paycheck. We don’t struggle necessarily, but we also haven’t been trying to save. I have a plan for the new year and am excited to see how we do!
- Meal Planning. Part of my money saving plan is to meal plan so that I don’t have to go to the store 7 days a week and waste money. They more times you go to the store, the more unnecessary items you buy. I am hoping that by meal planning and only shopping 1-2 times a week that I can cut my grocery bill at least by half.
- WORK OUT MORE. Ok. I know this one is cliche. But seriously. I have put on 10 pounds since September, have stopped working out, and eat like crap. Going to get back on track.
- Spend more quality time with my children. I love the time I get with my boys. But I often find myself in the trap of picking up the phone and mindlessly playing games or on Pinterest rather than giving them my full attention. This is going to change.
- Decrease my anxiety. This is a hard one for me. 2015 was fraught with anxiety and panic attacks for me. In 2016, I want to work on being happy, calm, and enjoying life.
I may delve deeper into these topics as 2016 begins and I work on these goals, so keep an eye out!
What are your goals or plans for the new year? Do you typically make resolutions and how do you do at keeping them? Let me know!
Have a great day and a happy New Year!